Skip to main content

The ALMOST end to Summer!


 Hey Bestie, Welcome Back! 

Yes, antother hiatus taken. Totally unplanned and I vow to get better at showing up here for you! 

So what gives this time? So much. 

I typically sit down to write to you on the weekends. Well, there has been a lot happening and the weekends ended up being either a blur or a total veg time with literally scrolling aimlessly on socials or just in front the tv. It started with mom. She had a toenail that seemed to be maybe in grown. She tried to cut it out herself. It then got inflammed and then there was a small section that turned black. SO scary. 

Well, she's also kind of stubborn. I tried to first get her to go to a podiatrist. She thought that maybe there was a piece still in there that she didn't quite get out. Well, she also has neuropathy and touching her feet is painful. So it went untreated. I then suggested that maybe we just have the people that do her nails try and pull it out. Finally that suggestion seemed a good one. They did so and it really didn't heal or get any better. 

On to the Dr. Somehow, I am unsure how because some of this has just been a blur, we get to amputation. If I am remembering correctly, the infection went to the bone. Amputation 1. She then needs another and a vascular check since there's no healing happening. Vascular surgery, open some veins, another amputation, almost falling at home, a few times in and out of rehab centers. Another rehab center, trying to get her to walk on one foot, and so on. She is currently still in a rehab center and another Dr. appointment will tell us more. Another meeting with the rehab facility on Monday and maybe more answers? Really unsure. To be continued on that front. 

Then we have Todd's dad. There were talks of another visit to California. Then health declining more, do we go? Do we not? If going, it needs to be soon, as dementia is setting in. We're told that rushing to visit isn't probably necessary. Then a few more calls and health decline. Then a call that he is immobile. A call that he has about a week left. Another call and maybe a few weeks?

Do we go? Do we wait? We have a few trips scheduled for August. Of course we would go and forego the first trip and let the kids still go on that one. Which is a family trip to St. Louis to a concert. Then another trip over Labor Day that the kids have scheduled for my 50th. Do we go? Do we not go? Todd decided to not go back to California until the funeral. They are face timing and trying to get a few visits in that way. 

A lot of life, and death, thwarted our way. As life changes, and we get older, the summer navigations do as well. When you're raising kiddos, summer is an amazing time for breaks, vacations, and then back to school!  Or some parents can't wait for school to start again! As your kids grow and move out, summers look a lot different. The focus changes, the days and course of actions change. 

To me, to have not one, but two weekend getaways planned with my family and my sweet daughter-in love, is just magical. I also purposely reserved a large AirBNB house to have everyone under the same roof! I thought about a few hotel rooms and I was like nope. The house is the same price and to have everyone under the same roof again is this mama's dream come true! 

How do you navigate this change? The change of the kids being grown. The change of empty nester life?  How do you navigate family time, keeping in touch? Family dinners? Weekly? Monthly? Luckily our kids are still pretty close in proximity to us. 

Summer is a time of warmth, sunshine, energetic lively activities, the feel of the heat on your body, the fun time of year that most people cherish. That never changes! It's kind of sad when it all comes to an end. End of warmth, water activities, festivals, carnivals, shorty shorts and tank tops. 

The end of summer signals to us the beginning of a new season. When the fall season and all the marches in with it are right around the corner! 

I hope you've had an amazing summer bestie! I hope that you have enjoyed all the wonders of summer! 

I will see you here, well guess what. Not next week because that's the weekend of The Lou trip, but I will be back sooner than this last time! Peace, love and lipstick! 

In you corner and rooting for you~

Your Bestie,

Carri 

www.thebubblybossbabe.com

hello@thebubblybossbabe.com

Join the facebook community:https://www.facebook.com/groups/402160429102477

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back!

Hey Babes! I've been gone for a bit because I was trying to figure out how to freaking add comments to this thing!  I didn't want to keep creating content that you can't interact with, and I was kind of bummed the first few posts didn't have comments!  So, here we are. Back again!  Really what I wanted to say in this post is that you can do THE THING! Whatever it is you've got your heart set on, you can do and accomplish!  When I started this journey of wanting to have more of an online presence, I had never, in the history of ever, had any idea how to create a website. But I was determined. So I hopped in and just started clicking around and figured it out! I used to say that I was stuck in nineteen dickety two when it came to electronics. My limit? Myself. I had this limiting belief that electronics were hard and that I just couldn't do it. Sound familiar?  You can! You are not too old, too set in your ways, too, whatever you keep telling yourself! If I can do

What's going on?

Hey Besties, Welcome! I have been sharing lots of helpful tips in the blogs, but I also want this to be a space where you get a little sneak peek at what's going on in my world too. Why? Well, I feel that sharing things that go on with me, will connect with someone else that will realize you're not alone. Good or bad.  So, what's going on currently? Well, this weekend, not much of anything! We have been running and gunning for a few weeks and just kind of laid low this weekend. We did a few things and got some things for the house, but not much this week. I'm listening to Spotify and have it on Energetic Happy Mix. Yep. Guess what. I too have to work on my mindset, mood, generate happiness from a good tune and run with it. Nope. I do not have it all together. I just have honed some skills to help you as well, but let me tell you, it's a daily task. I have one of those brains that will betray me. I will run down a rabbit hole of bull shit if I don't watch it.  Th

September got me feelin' all kinds of ways

Hello, September! Welcoming Fall, Fun, and Feelings 🌻🍁 Can you believe it's already September?  We have a wild and crazy September here at the MacLean house!  For me, it’s not just the start of fall but also the month I turn 50! (Cue the confetti! 🎉) I’m so excited about all the fun things we have planned—pumpkin patches, cozy sweater weather, and warm apple cider. It's that magical time of year when the air gets crisper, and the leaves start to turn those beautiful shades of red and gold. 🍂 We took an adventure to Branson last weekend! That was so much fun! With my 50th upon me later this month, my kiddos surprised me by taking us all to one of our favorite locations! We have not been to Branson as a family for way too long!  We had so much fun!  Back home for now and this next week we will head to California. I’d be lying if I didn’t say this September also feels a little bittersweet. We’re still processing the loss of my father-in-law, and it’s a reminder that life has t