Skip to main content

Why would I want a morning routine? Mornings are hard!

 


Hey Babes,

I know, I know. No one has time any more. No one has time to breathe let alone add a morning routine! 


I hear you saying to me right now, if you think I'm giving up any more sleep, you are cray cray! HAHA does anyone say that anymore? My kids said that ALL. THE. TIME. and it drove me bonkers! Here I am. Using the freaking phrase! Ok. Moving on. 


Morning routine. Can we make a deal? Can you grab 5 minutes out of your lunch break? Ok you're a stay at home mama and you're already exhausted. What about when the kiddos nap. Ok, you're either napping too or you're doing the chores you can't do when the kiddos are awake. What about before you start on any of those, grabbing 5 minutes. It can truly start with 5 minutes. 


So you're saying fine. What the hell are you wanting me to steal 5 important minutes for? 

Gratitude. 


What do you mean? I am thankful all the time. 


But are you? Hold on before you get mad at me and exit. Hear me out. There's days when the job, the kids, the hubs, the crazy driver that about ran you off the road, get under your skin. Taking a few minutes to remember WHY you're grateful for all of these things, yes even that driver, puts your mindset back at ease and in a good spot. 


I'm not saying you can't be frustrated at things. I'm not saying you have to pretend things are perfect. Nothing is perfect and I don't want you pretending about anything, but practicing a few minutes of gratitude can change the trajectory of the rest of the day! 

Don't want to believe me? That's fine. Let's look at the stats.


64% of those who are generally satisfied and happy with life express gratitude on a regular basis. 


A single act of thoughtful gratitude prioduces an immediate 10% increase in happiness and a 35% reduction in depressive symptoms. 


Regular gratitude journaling has been shown to result in 5%-15% increase in optimism and 25% increased sleep quality.


I could go on and on, but you get the idea! If you can carve out 5 minutes in your day, somewhere, you will see improvement. IF you can get up 5 minutes earlier, that would change the trajectory of your day, but anywhere in your day is beneficial. 


Yes, you can say in your head what you're thankful for, but writing it out has an even more profound change on your mindset. No, I'm not just saying that to sell you my journal. You can grab any notebook. You can grab the note section in your phone. There's something more profound about pen to paper but let's not get picky. I just want you to start. I don't have a preference of what tool you use, I just know in my knower that it will help you.


Now, go out there and make your day amazing! 


In your corner and rooting for you!


Your bestie, 

Carri 

www.thebubblybossbabe.com

hello@thebubblybossbabe.com

Join the Facebook Community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/402160429102477

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back!

Hey Babes! I've been gone for a bit because I was trying to figure out how to freaking add comments to this thing!  I didn't want to keep creating content that you can't interact with, and I was kind of bummed the first few posts didn't have comments!  So, here we are. Back again!  Really what I wanted to say in this post is that you can do THE THING! Whatever it is you've got your heart set on, you can do and accomplish!  When I started this journey of wanting to have more of an online presence, I had never, in the history of ever, had any idea how to create a website. But I was determined. So I hopped in and just started clicking around and figured it out! I used to say that I was stuck in nineteen dickety two when it came to electronics. My limit? Myself. I had this limiting belief that electronics were hard and that I just couldn't do it. Sound familiar?  You can! You are not too old, too set in your ways, too, whatever you keep telling yourself! If I can do

What's going on?

Hey Besties, Welcome! I have been sharing lots of helpful tips in the blogs, but I also want this to be a space where you get a little sneak peek at what's going on in my world too. Why? Well, I feel that sharing things that go on with me, will connect with someone else that will realize you're not alone. Good or bad.  So, what's going on currently? Well, this weekend, not much of anything! We have been running and gunning for a few weeks and just kind of laid low this weekend. We did a few things and got some things for the house, but not much this week. I'm listening to Spotify and have it on Energetic Happy Mix. Yep. Guess what. I too have to work on my mindset, mood, generate happiness from a good tune and run with it. Nope. I do not have it all together. I just have honed some skills to help you as well, but let me tell you, it's a daily task. I have one of those brains that will betray me. I will run down a rabbit hole of bull shit if I don't watch it.  Th

Is Anyone Listening?

  Hey Babes~ It's funny to me sometimes that, when I sit down to write, what I had in mind totally shifts, changes, does a 360 and I end up sharing something off the cuff that I haven't even thought through.  That's what's happening in this post. Maybe it's divine intervention? Maybe it's ADHD. HA~Anyway, whatever it is, here we go!  Do you ever wonder, is anyone listening? I mean, really listening? I heard a quote once, unsure where it came from, but it stuck with me. Maybe it was a movie, if you've heard it, will you please tell me in the comments? Anyway, it was something like, "is it all just clicks and whistles on your end?" Do you feel that way sometimes, or all the time when talking to someone else?  Side note: The even funner part of winging it, is I have no idea where this is going to head, so, I hope you hang with me. If for nothing more than comedic relief if it bombs horribly.  We talk. All the time. To our spouse, kids, boss, co-worker