Skip to main content

Is Anyone Listening?

 


Hey Babes~

It's funny to me sometimes that, when I sit down to write, what I had in mind totally shifts, changes, does a 360 and I end up sharing something off the cuff that I haven't even thought through. 


That's what's happening in this post. Maybe it's divine intervention? Maybe it's ADHD. HA~Anyway, whatever it is, here we go! 


Do you ever wonder, is anyone listening? I mean, really listening? I heard a quote once, unsure where it came from, but it stuck with me. Maybe it was a movie, if you've heard it, will you please tell me in the comments? Anyway, it was something like, "is it all just clicks and whistles on your end?" Do you feel that way sometimes, or all the time when talking to someone else? 

Side note: The even funner part of winging it, is I have no idea where this is going to head, so, I hope you hang with me. If for nothing more than comedic relief if it bombs horribly. 

We talk. All the time. To our spouse, kids, boss, co-workers. To ourselves. (LIGHTBULB) this is the nudge of where it's heading and someone needs to hear this. We talk all the time, but who's really listening? If I'm lucky, my spouse is HALF listening. I'm not sure if my kids were ever listening, but. YOU are ALWAYS listening to yourself. That little voice inside your head. Yeah, you know the one! It's going non stop. Sometimes I wish she would just shut up, but I guess she's there for a reason. 


Thought provoking isn't it? That voice though. Inside your head. That's ALWAYS listening. It's important what you say in there. There's a ton of thoughts all day long, one study found that we think around 50,000 thoughts a day. And in my case, sometimes all night long. Where are those thoughts taking you? They can take you to a dark and scary place. It can be hard to change those thoughts. 


**DISCLAIMER** If the thoughts are too dark and too hard to change, please babe. Seek help!


If the thoughts aren't life threatening, then there's some ways to change them without professional help. One of the ways to do this is to redirect those thoughts. It takes some time to catch them. If you're anything like me, you talk outloud to yourself as well. That's fun for the other people in the room! Did you also realize that what you say, you create? Yep. It's true. If you say, or think, I am such an idiot, I can't believe I did that. Then your subconscious will continue to show you ways that you're an idiot. Instead, try, Oh gosh that was silly! I know that I am supposed to put the milk in the fridge and not the cabinet! I was moving way too fast and lost track of what I was doing! 


That example, by the way, is something I do OFTEN. Sling the milk into the cabinet. 

Instead of saying, I can never get ahead. Money is always so tight. I never have enough, this is going to be an awful week. Try, That is not what my budget is allowing currently, but I know that keeping better track of my budget will help my to stay on track with expenses. OR I can't. Flip the switch: I don't know how but I am determined to learn! 


Yes, it's going to take some time. Yes, it will feel weird for a while. Yes it will be worth it! 

Hold on, one more thing to add. No, this does not mean that you will NEVER have these thoughts again, and that you will never have a bad day. It's just that, changing how you talk to yourself not only has positive impacts on you, but on others that you engage with as well! 

I know I've said this before, but, it's worthy of a repeat. Think of it also like this. When someone says, how are you, how do you answer? I'm fine, or I'm ok or UGH let me tell you about this idiot that cut me off! Ok, that one is valid and sometimes you need to vent it out. Also, think about how things change when you change it up a bit. I started saying, "I'm fabulous, thanks for asking, and you?" Not only does it make people laugh, or at least a smile, then sometimes they take it up a notch and say, I'm amazing! Thank you! 

Try it! Try it all! I promise you'll see changes. Not just in how you talk to yourself and to others, but also in how you look at your own life. 

In you corner and rooting for you~

Your Bestie,

Carri 

www.thebubblybossbabe.com 

hello@thebubblybossbabe.com

Join the facebook community:https://www.facebook.com/groups/402160429102477 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ALMOST end to Summer!

 Hey Bestie, Welcome Back!  Yes, antother hiatus taken. Totally unplanned and I vow to get better at showing up here for you!  So what gives this time? So much.  I typically sit down to write to you on the weekends. Well, there has been a lot happening and the weekends ended up being either a blur or a total veg time with literally scrolling aimlessly on socials or just in front the tv. It started with mom. She had a toenail that seemed to be maybe in grown. She tried to cut it out herself. It then got inflammed and then there was a small section that turned black. SO scary.  Well, she's also kind of stubborn. I tried to first get her to go to a podiatrist. She thought that maybe there was a piece still in there that she didn't quite get out. Well, she also has neuropathy and touching her feet is painful. So it went untreated. I then suggested that maybe we just have the people that do her nails try and pull it out. Finally that suggestion seemed a good one. The...

Welcome Back!

Hey Babes! I've been gone for a bit because I was trying to figure out how to freaking add comments to this thing!  I didn't want to keep creating content that you can't interact with, and I was kind of bummed the first few posts didn't have comments!  So, here we are. Back again!  Really what I wanted to say in this post is that you can do THE THING! Whatever it is you've got your heart set on, you can do and accomplish!  When I started this journey of wanting to have more of an online presence, I had never, in the history of ever, had any idea how to create a website. But I was determined. So I hopped in and just started clicking around and figured it out! I used to say that I was stuck in nineteen dickety two when it came to electronics. My limit? Myself. I had this limiting belief that electronics were hard and that I just couldn't do it. Sound familiar?  You can! You are not too old, too set in your ways, too, whatever you keep telling yourself! If I can do...

This is the Beginning~Empowered Women Empower Women

  Hey Babes,  Well here it is the very first blog post for the Bubbly Boss Babe Community!  I have thought about a blog off and on a for a while, been encouraged by several people and have just never taken the leap! So. Here I jump! Get it? Leap?  Ok. Yes, you will be subjected to some of my corny humor. I would like to say that I promise it won't be often, but that's probably incorrect.  I have had a passion and burning in my belly for a really long time. I love to help women. Empower, uplift, guide women to stepping into the best version of themselves. What does that mean? Well, over the years it has meant helping them to work on mindset, money matters, implementing processes into their daily routines that have helped them to focus and align themselves with the next, best version of themselves. We are always changing, emerging, developing and learning. That part does not change, but what changes is how we process it all. Do we let life happen to us or are we t...